25 January 2010

Weekly Menu

It's another week, and another menu. This week seems pretty great, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the food if everything is as good as today's.

Monday - Grilled Portobello with Salad Greens

Tuesday - Salmon with Spinach in a Tomato, Dill and Mustard sauce

Wednesday - Creamy Cheese Rotini with Garlic and Oil

Thursday - Chicken Picatta


I'm convinced that if I could serve Portobello mushrooms to Staci every day, I could turn her into a vegetarian. Well, I like to think that I could, anyway. It's not the best time of year to find portobellos; I want to try this again in the spring when you can find the giant ones in the store. This was a simple recipe, something that was meant as an appetizer. I just increased the mushroom count to two medium per person. I sliced them and put them on top of some mixed spring greens, and added a touch of mozzarella. Simply delicious!




Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
From the
Turn Around Program


1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

2 tablespooons soy sauce

1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme


1. Mix all ingredients together. Marinate mushrooms for 10 minutes flipping often.
2. Grill mushrooms or cook under broiler for 1-2 minutes per side till warmed through.
3. While hot, slice mushrooms and serve over greens.

Try it! You might like it...or maybe you'll order pizza.

1 comment:

  1. Damn, you are finding such wonderful recipes. Mmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete